In this position, you are primarily responsible for concrete system design and overall structure of software to be engineered and realized for delivery. Your work is a balanced mix of consulting on technology trends and concepts, assessment of client infrastructure and team leadership in various phases of the software development and delivery life cycle.
The Senior Solution Architect works throughout engagements both within the engineering team directly and across disciplines including business development, creative/design, strategy, program management, engineering and quality assurance at a project leadership level. S/he crafts application-level software architecture plans and specifications including modeling of system services and interfaces, platform integration strategies and user experience realization approaches across one or more areas of domain expertise. The Architect works as an integral part of the software design and development team and has practical experience with team leadership using modern software development methodologies such as Agile and SCRUM.
S/he provides relevant subject matter expertise and tactical research leading to recommendations and appropriate platforms, tools, patterns and best practices for engineering the software solution. As such, practical hands-on experience with modern backend, web and mobile technologies is a requirement.
- Serve as a primary technical contact for client and third-party technical leads and domain experts during project discovery, design, and implementation phases while assisting the project leadership team in the management of client expectations regarding technology activities during the engagement
- Define and maintain technical requirements specifications and software architecture documentation and diagrams throughout the engagement
- Evangelize and promote technology innovation opportunities across creative, strategy, and program management disciplines by working with project teams, developing technical proof of concepts and presenting internally and externally
- Maintain a 80% billable utilization rate
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You have a curiosity for new technology and are probably playing around with new software, hardware or data projects in your spare time. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You bring to the organization the following competencies:
- At least 5 years of professional experience as senior software developer. It is considered a plus if you have functioned in one of the following roles: software architect, team lead and/or consultant. You have experience with application architecture for the design, development, and delivery of software applications and services with rich UI/presentation layers.
- Strong hands-on experience with several of the following platforms/frameworks/languages: Magento, Java/J2EE, Spring, PHP, Android, iOS, Arduino/microprocessors, nodeJS, Angular, AWS, Docker, MySQL, mongodb, Apache, nginx, Linux, Git/BitBucket.
- Strong experience with complex architecture where the following technologies/systems are used: JBOSS, Enterprise Service Bus, Payment Systems, CRM, ERP, WMS
- Knowledge of one or several vertical markets: Banking/Insurance, Retail, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead software and solution design, provide appropriate team support and maintenance of artifacts throughout the software development life cycle, and collaborate with software engineers, design technologists and creative leaders on common user experience goals expressed through software and solution realization
- Expertise in preparing and presenting presentations to stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent in a science or engineering discipline is required (a Master's degree is preferred)